Thursday, March 1, 2007

Today so far...

Exercise: 40 minutes on elliptical, minimal stretching and weights.

Breakfast: 20oz Caramel iced latte and a onion bagel with cream cheese. This was my one splurge for the week. I've been doing very well this week and decided I deserved a bit of a splurge.
Lunch: 1/2 of a Turkey & cheese hoagie.

I plan to eat the rest of the sub for dinner and be done with it.

OK, so I have to let you girls in on a book I've been reading that has helped me tremendously. It's called The Seven Pillars to Health. It's written by a christian family doctor from Florida and is a broken up into 50 short chapters to be read over 50 days. The first pillar is water. He recommends everyone should drink 2-3 quarts of water a day. That's straight water, not the water you get from other drinks. I've been doing this for the since Sunday and have felt a world of difference in energy and have had minimal aches and pains, including head aches. In addition, I was down 3 lbs since Monday on the scales today and the only think I've really changed is that. I don't remember the guys name, but I would recommend that we all read it and go through it together. My parents have been reading it also and have had similar effects (is that e or a in this situation, I always get mixed up. O well, I know you understand).

Another book that has really helped me in the past is Fit for Life. I've been trying to incorporate some of the things I remember from that book as well. I think I may read that one again.

So yea... I know we were looking for things to help us and I thought I would share.
Ta ta for now.

No comments: