Monday, June 25, 2007

Update

So this might be a little bit opposite of the purpose of the blog, but I wanted to share that I have gained one pound since the start of the pregnancy. I am so happy about this as I was certain I would at least double in size in the first few months.

But I have been really trying to be conscious about eating only when I'm actually hungry, and balancing out the not so good foods with healthier add-ins, like lots of fruit and veggies. It also helps that so many yummy things are in season right now.

We did a similar thing yesterday that Steph did and loaded up with lots of fruit and veggies from a farmer's market. So I made a fruit salad and we had green beans for dinner last night. And tonight we're probably having the corn on the cob and we've all been snacking on fruit here and there.

So that's the good news. The bad news is that try as I might to fight it, Taco Bell is the one thing that keeps calling me back to its cheesy goodness. For some reason, it just tastes so good. Darn baby. But like I said, I'm trying not to overeat and we're really working on the exercise as much as possible. So hopefully I'll keep the weight gain down to a minimum. Though I must say it is certainly a strange feeling to be happy that my clothes are no longer fitting. Apart from the fact that I get to buy new clothes, it makes all of this feel so much more real.

So good luck girls, and keep the updates coming! Love you!

No comments: