Monday, April 30, 2007

Success...

This week of South Beach proved to be just what the doctor ordered. I'm officially down 8 pounds from where I started, 5 of which was just this past week. I'm excited to finally see some success and the funny thing is I think I cheated almost everyday.

Friday, 4/27:
No breakfast
Snack: string cheese
Lunch: cheddar wurst (with out the bun) and a caramel iced latte
Snack: nuts
Dinner: Lettuce & onion wrapped in a slice of turkey breast, sugar-free jello cup. I think there were a few other things in there, but I don't recall everything.
Exercise: 35min elliptical

Saturday 4/28:
Breakfast: 2 eggs scramble with cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon
Lunch: celery with pb, and something else I can't remember
Dinner: chicken and a salad, sugar free jello cup
Exercise: Ran laps with my niece at her Race for Education - and I was sore all weekend.

Sunday 4/29:
Breakfast: onion and cheese omelet and 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Took my niece to McDonald's and Chuck-e-Cheese: some french fries and part of a milkshake. Also had a few bites of cotton candy
Snack: hand full of nuts
Dinner: Steak and steamed veggies
No exercise

Today...
Breakfast: 3 big strawberries (I couldn't resist)
Lunch: Salad with left over steak, a piece of American cheese
Snack: nuts
Dinner: I think I'll have a turkey wrap or 2 (veggies wrapped up in a slice of turkey) and I'm sure a jello cup
I'm going to walk at my mom's - probably about 30-40minutes or so.

Anyway... like I said, I've cheated quite a bit. But I'm OK with that, as long as I continue to loose the weight. My goal is to change my eating habits so that I'm able to make it a lifestyle that I can live with while maintaining a healthy weight and well-being.

No comments: