Monday, February 26, 2007

New effort

I meant to post something on Friday, but my afternoon got rather busy.

I admit that when I don’t do as well with the eating and the exercise, I just don’t post. Because I don’t want to look bad. But I’m all about making another big effort at doing this.

I’ve actually lost a few pounds – I haven’t weighed myself yet, so I’m not sure how much exactly, but over the weekend I wore some pants I hadn’t been able to fit into for quite a while. That felt pretty good.

I’ve been trying to get some form of exercise every day, whether it’s walking the dog for an extra fifteen minutes or even just playing ping pong (which is a lot more physical than you might think). I’ve also been doing about twenty-five minutes on the elliptical machine a couple times a week, although I’d like to increase both the length and frequency of that as well.

So in the exercise area, I feel like I’m doing so-so. But in the eating area, not so much. I don’t snack a lot, but I do get my coffee every morning. And we do eat out a lot, which means I need to be choosing healthier things on the menu.

The reward idea is a good one – I’ll definitely chip in for your competition, Angie. And maybe the three of us can start one as well – something that wouldn’t be too costly, but would still give us some motivation. Maybe something like paying for a pedicure or a movie for whomever does the best for the week?

I’m rewarding myself with a new pair of jeans when I get down to my goal (losing two pants sizes). But that might not be for a while, so maybe we do need little perks along the way.

I wish we all lived in the same town and could just run to the gym together or get together for nonfat lattes. But since that won’t be happening any time soon, maybe we need to be calling each other more and just relying on each other whenever we feel tempted to eat something we shouldn’t. I know the time difference gets in the way a lot, and I’ll admit that I’m not the best at calling, but even just quick little two-minute, “hi, how are ya’s” would really help me a lot.

Any more ideas?

No comments: