Friday, January 26, 2007

Chocolate will be my downfall

I worked out last night for thirty minutes! Yay. Then I ate two chocolate covered strawberries. Not yay.
Also had pizza for dinner. But lunch was fairly healthy – just a half turkey sandwich.
So I guess that’s some improvement.

So far today, I’ve just had a banana. And I brought a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch. Dinner will be a challenge – we’ll probably go out, but maybe I can find a good salad.

I think it’s just going to take a little while before we see results. Especially since we’re not doing anything too dramatic. It’s like that commercial – guys can cut out soda and drop like ten pounds just from that. But girls are made differently – we have to work a little harder.

I know for me the thing that really makes me lose the weight is decreasing portion size. I’m trying to cut in half what I normally would eat. I’m still full after, but I feel a whole lot better. I haven’t weighed myself recently, but I don’t think I’ve lost anything yet either. Stepping up the exercise would probably really help, too.

I’m also taking a supplement – 5-HTP – and it seems to be helping. It’s an appetite suppressant, as well as a sleep aid and mood booster.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: